1-1/2 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
1/4 freshly grated nutmeg
Hint of cloves and cardamon.
2 large eggs (separated)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter (melted)
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
Ready to get started?
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, and butter.
- Gently stir in ricotta, lemon zest and juice.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until a soft stiff peak forms.
- In a large bowl, combine Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix with spices. Add wet ingredients to dry and gently fold in egg whites.
- Ladle the batter into waffle maker. The batter may take additional time to cook due to the batters wet nature.
- Great waffle to serve with a Blueberry compote or syrup!
(Click on image to enlarge)