Ingredients for Banana Bread Recipe
2-1/2 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3 large eggs
3 large bananas, well ripened
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Ready to get started?
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar for 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Add half the Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- In a separate bowl slice bananas and mix with 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a saucepan. Add banana mix to saucepan. Saute slices in a single layer, flipping once until edges are golden, about 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from heat and cool.
- Mash cooled caramelized bananas and add buttermilk and maple syrup. Fold in banana puree to the flour mix. Add remaining flour. Again, be careful not to over mix.
- Using a spatula, fold in toasted pecans.
- Place batter in greased loaf pan and gently tap down on a counter to even out the mixture.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of chocolate chips for those who love chocolate!
- Add spices if you like, such as 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, a pinch of cardamon, or allspice.
(Click on image to enlarge)