Ingredients for Carmelized Apple Muffin Recipe
2-1/2 cups Bearpaw Savory Baking Mix (or Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix)
2 tablespoons butter, plus 4 tablespoons melted butter
3 cups peeled, cored apples cut into 1/4 inch pieces
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup apple cider
1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ready to get started?
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 12 inch skillet. Add apple pieces, coconut sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring often until moisture has completely evaporated and apples are well browned, about 9 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together.
- Whisk coconut sugar, eggs, oil and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Blend cider, yogurt and vanilla into sugar mixture until combined.
- Fold sugar mixture and cooked apples into flour.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups using 1/3 measuring cup. Sprinkle muffin tops evenly with streusel topping of choice.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Let muffins cool in tins for 10 minutes then move to cooling rack.
(Click on image to enlarge)