Ingredients for Carrot and Spice Muffin Recipe
2 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon cloves and nutmeg
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups peeled and finely shredded carrots
1/2 cup dried currents
Ready to get started?
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line 12 standard muffin cups with liners.
- Stir together flour and spices.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and coconut sugar until blended. Stir in Buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and blend. Fold in carrots and currents.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack. Once cooled, frost with favorite frosting or try the one below.
Cream Cheese frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, tablespoon honey, and 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring or lemon zest
(Click on image to enlarge)