Ingredients for Cinnamon Apple Scone Recipe
2-3/4 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
2 large eggs
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup applesauce
Ready to get started?
- Heat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, mix Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix with spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 4 minutes until thickened. Add vanilla and applesauce.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until moist and holding together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly flour the surface.
- Scrape dough onto floured surface and gently pat into a 5 to 5-1/2 inch circles, and about 3/4 inch thick.
- To make topping, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Brush circle on top of scone with milk, and sprinkle topping on top.
- Using a knife that you’ve run under cold water, slice the circle into 8 wedges.
- Carefully pull edges away from center to space wedges apart by 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool briefly on pan. Serve warm.
- Optional: chill scones prior to baking for 30 minutes (This increases texture).
(Click on image to enlarge)