Ingredients for Coconut Lime Loaf Recipe
2 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake mix
11 tbsp unsalted butter, softened (5-1/2 oz)
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tbsp packed finely grated lime zest
1-1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
3 tblsp fresh lime juice
1 cup plain yogurt
Ready to get started?
- Line a 10×5 inch metal loaf pan with aluminum foil, allowing plenty of overhang on long sides. Use 1 tbsp of butter to grease the inside of the pan, paying special attention to the short unlined sides.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven, and heat the oven to 350F.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Using a fork, stir in the coconut and zest, evenly distributing any clumps.
- Whisk the remaining 10 tbsp of butter with 1 cup sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Whisk in 1 tbsp lime juice.
- Add half the flour and mix briefly to incorporate. Add the yogurt and mix briefly . Add remaining flour and mix until batter is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Scrape into the prepared pan and bake until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes.
- To make Lime Syrup: combine the remaining 1/4 cup coconut sugar with 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil one minute. Remove from heat and add the remaining 2 tbsp lime juice.
- Place the cake pan on a rack. Poke all over with a toothpick.
- Brush liberally on top with all of the lime syrup.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Lift out by the foil to finish cooling completely.
(Click on image to enlarge)