Ingredients for Farmhouse Biscuit Recipe
2-1/2 cups Bearpaw Savory Baking Mix
1/4 cup butter, cold
1 cup smoked cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons bacon bits
1/4 cup finely chopped chives
1 cup cold buttermilk
2 teaspoons melted butter to brush onto top of biscuits
Ready to get started?
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut butter into Bearpaw Savory Baking Mix with pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in grated cheese, bacon bits and chopped chives. Add milk and stir with fork until a soft dough forms. Do not overwork.
- Place ball onto lightly floured surface and pat down with hands to form rounds of 1 inch thickness. Cut each round like a pie and or use a circular cutter. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush each biscuit lightly with melted butter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
- sprinkle grated cheddar cheese onto the biscuits prior to baking.
(Click on image to enlarge)