Ingredients for Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
Blind Baked Pie Crust:
2 cups Bearpaw Savory Baking Mix
1 cup shortening
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
3/4 cup cold water.
1-1/2 cups mashed or pureed strawberries
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (flavored if you like)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3 tablespoons arrowroot or cornstarch
5 cups halved strawberries
Ready to get started?
- To make crust: Beat egg, add vinegar in 1 cup, and add enough water to equal 3/4 cup.
- Blend dry ingredients together. Add egg mixture.
- Chill for 1 hour then roll out.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bake blind a single-crust 9 inch pie. Place on a rack and let cool.
- To make Filling: Place mashed strawberries, 1/2 cup of water and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar in 2 quart pan, and bring to a boil (You can strain to remove pulp if you want).
- Stir in sugar.
- Mix arrowroot with 1/4 cup water, and stir in.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until glaze boils and thickens. Remove and cool.
(Click on image to enlarge)