Ingredients for German Pancake Recipe
1/2 cup Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large tart apple-peeled, cored and sliced
Ready to get started?
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix with eggs. Gradually mix in buttermilk, stirring constantly. Add vanilla, melted butter and nutmeg.
- Let batter stand for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 10 inch oven skillet, brushing butter up on the sides of the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup coconut sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over the butter. Line the pan with apple slices. Sprinkle remaining sugar over apples.
- Place pan over medium-high heat until the mixture bubbles, then gently pour the batter over the apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake for 10 minutes.
- Slide pancake onto serving platter and cut into wedges.
(Click on image to enlarge)