Ingredients for Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
2 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons ground ginger
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoons ground cloves
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup molasses
Ready to get started?
- Note: best to let the dough set overnight in the refrigerator…
- Sift together baking mix, cocoa, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter with the coconut sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and then gradually blend in the molasses.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead gently. Wrap dough into plastic and refrigerate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out to desired thickness. Cut out shapes and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack before decorating with favorite icing. Run a ribbon through the top of cookie to hang on the tree.
(Click on image to enlarge)