Ingredients for Lemon Poppyseed Scone Recipe
2-1/2 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon poppyseed
Ready to get started?
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the yogurt, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, poppyseed and lemon zest until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, work the butter into the Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix until the mixture resembles coarse meal but still has some chunks of butter throughout.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing gently.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Make sure dough is tacky but not sticky. You may need to add more flour.
- Pat dough into 1 inch thickness. Using a 2 inch cutter, cut the dough into desired shape and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops with raw sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- You can sprinkle with powdered sugar once cooled.
- You can use your hands to gently mix until the dough begins to hold together and there is barely any dry flour visible.
(Click on image to enlarge)