Ingredients for Mushroom & Spinach Pinwheels
1 8 ounce package cream cheese,softened
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 cups Savory Bearpaw Baking mix
1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach
2 1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon einkorn flour
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup gated Parmesan cheese
1 egg white and 1 tablespoon water
Ready to get started?
- Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add the flour and mix well.
- Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Cook spinach; drain, squeeze out excess liquid and set aside..
- Melt butter in skillet and cook mushrooms and onions over medium heat until onions are tender..
- Add spinach,1 tablespoon flour,oregano, lemon juice and garlic powder. Cook until mixture thickens..
- Stir in Parmesan cheese;cool..
- Roll dough out on a floured surface into a 12×7 rectangle..
- Spread 1/2 the spinach mixture to within 1/2 inch of adages..
- Roll up dough and filling jelly-roll style, starting with a short edge. Cover and chill 1 hour..
- Slice rolls into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet;brush with egg mixture..
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack..
(Click on image to enlarge)