Ingredients for Olive Rosemary Scone Recipe
1-1/2 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons chilled butter
1/3 cup half & Half, or buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup kalamata olives
Ready to get started?
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Cut butter in.
- Combine remaining ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add wet mixture with dry and mix until just moist.
- Kneed 8 to 10 times.
- Pat into circle 3/4/ inch thick, cut into wedges, and place onto cooking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 18-20 minutes.
- To eliminate sugar, add 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese instead.
- Add up to 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, to taste.
- Use 1/4 cup and 2 tblsp olive oil instead of butter.
(Click on image to enlarge)