Ingredients for Onion Thyme Tart Recipe
1 cups Bearpaw Savory Baking Mix
1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
3 medium sweet onions, sliced very thin
2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
pinch of salt
Ready to get started?
- For Dough: Combine flour and sugar. Cut the butter into flour until the butter pieces are a size of a pea.
- Sprinkle the dough with ice water, lightly tossing the mixture to moisten it evenly.
- Gently squeeze the dough into a solid mass. Press into a flat rectangle about 1/2 inch thick and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate overnight.
- For Topping: Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion and thyme, and sauté until the onions soften and slightly browned. Add salt to taste.
- To make: Roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick into a 5X14 inch rectangle. Put the dough on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Spread onion mixture evenly over the dough, leaving a 1 inch border. Fold the exposed border over the onion.
- Brush the folded edges with a lightly beaten egg.
- Bake the tart until the crust is well browned, about 30 minutes. Cut the tart into slices and serve.
(Click on image to enlarge)