Ingredients for Peach Blackberry Shortcake Recipe
2-1/3 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake mix
4 tablespoons coconut sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
10 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3/4 cup buttermilk plus 2 tablespoons
Ready to get started?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix, sugar and nutmeg. Add butter in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Gradually add buttermilk, tossing with fork until clump forms.
- Flatten dough on floured work surface to 3/4 to 1 inch thick round. Cut out rounds using a 3 inch biscuit cutter. Transfer shortcakes to prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with buttermilk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake shortcakes until tops begin to brown, about 20 minutes.
- To assemble: cut shortcakes horizontally in half.
- Beat 1 cup chilled whipping cream. Fold in blackberries and sliced peaches with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Put dollop of mixure on bottom half of shortcake, then cover with top half of shortcake.
(Click on image to enlarge)