Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
2 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1-1/2 cups coconut sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 ounces cream cheese, diced
4 large eggs
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped fine
5 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 tablespoon flour (or use Einkorn flour)
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
(Mix all ingredients until the topping resembles wet sand, and set aside)
Ready to get started?
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8-1/2 by 4-1/2-inch loaf pans.
- Combine pumpkin and spices in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring until the puree is reduced to 1-1/2 cups (6 minutes or so).
- Off heat, stir in sugar, oil and cream cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk to combine.
- Mix eggs and buttermilk. Add egg mixture to pumpkin mixture and whisk to combine. Fold in flour and walnuts.
- Place batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let loaves cool in pans for 20 minutes.
(Click on image to enlarge)