Ingredients for Garden Herb Biscuit Recipe
1-3/4 cups Bearpaw Savory Baking Mix
8 tablespoons very cold butter, cut into 1/4 inch bits
3/4 cup very cold buttermilk
3/4 cup fresh herbs like basil, parsley, dill, chervil, cilantro (or your favorite combination!)
Ready to get started?
- Heat oven to 500F and position a rack in the middle of the oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Put Bearpaw Savory Baking Mix into a bowl. Cut the butter into small bits and toss with the flour. Coat all the butter pieces with flour and evenly distribute them throughout the flour mixture.
- Add the cold buttermilk and stir until flour is absorbed by the buttermilk.
- Pat and fold the dough by pressing the dough out to 3/4 inch thick, fold the dough over on itself like folding a letter. Sprinkle small amount of additional flour on top of dough as needed. Add in the herbs and repeat the folding process for a total of 3 times.
- Press dough to 1/2 inch thick, cut with 2 inch round. Put the baking sheet in the oven and reduce temperature to 450F. Bake for 8 minutes; rotate the pan 180 degrees. Continue to bake 4 to 6 minutes more. Remove and set on cooling rack,leaving the biscuits on the pan.
- Other variations: Carmelized Onion: 2 large yellow onions, halved lengthwise, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 2 tablespoon granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
(Click on image to enlarge)