Ingredients for Star Anise Cookie Recipe
2 cup Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tsp. ground star anise
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 large egg
1/2 cup crystallized ginger (3oz.) finely chopped
Demerara sugar for rolling, and sanding sugar for decorating
Ready to get started?
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together Pancake Mix, ginger and star anise in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, honey and coconut sugar in a bowl. Cream together until light
- Add egg. Beat until combined. Add chopped ginger.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place demerara sugar in a bowl. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, and roll balls in sugar and place 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake until tops are evenly browned and edges appear firm, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Decorate cooled cookies with sanding sugar if desired.
(Click on image to enlarge)