Ingredients for Walnut Spice Cake Recipe
1-1/4 cup roasted walnuts, chopped coarsely
2 cups Savory Bearpaw Baking Mix
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 large eggs
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2/3 cup Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Ready to get started?
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- Blend spices with baking mix.
- Beat eggs with coconut sugar for 4 minutes. Combine yogurt with orange juice and zest. Gradually whisk into egg mixture along with the olive oil.
- Add to baking mix and fold in 1 cup of walnuts.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Transfer to wire rack when cooled.
- Using a toothpick, piece top in 18 places and brush with syrup. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- To make Syrup: 1/3 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 1 strip orange zest, 2 whole cloves. Blend Syrup ingredients together and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup.
(Click on image to enlarge)