Ingredients for Wild Berry Buckle Recipe
2 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix
1 large egg
1 cup water
1/4 cup oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries or blackberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ready to get started?
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat an 8-inch nonreactive baking pan with cooking spray
- Whisk egg, water, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to 1-3/4 cups Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix. Mix until just combined.
- Scatter berries in the prepared pan. Spread the batter evenly over the berries.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup Bearpaw Heritage Pancake Mix, coconut sugar, butter, cinnamon and pinch of salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the top is golden brown, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
(Click on image to enlarge)